Brian W. Abbott, D.O. - Sports Medicine, Osteopathic Physician
Dr. Abbott is board-certified in family medicine, osteopathic manipulation, and has a certificate of additional qualification in primary care sports medicine. He specializes in non-surgical management of acute and chronic orthopedic injuries, osteoarthritis, as well as acute and chronic tendon injuries. As a primary care sports medicine specialist he has training in concussion care. He also offers treatment of soft tissue and joint injuries with prolotherapy and platelet rich plasma injections. His clinical interests include integrating osteopathic manipulation into the management of musculoskeletal injuries, concussions, and limited diagnosis of musculoskeletal injuries with ultrasound.
Dr. Abbott has been involved in the care of several college and professional teams including Grand Valley State University, Aquinas College, Calvin College, Davenport University, and the Grand Rapids Griffins of the AHL.
Prior to joining Coastal Orthopedics Dr. Abbott served as faculty in a family medicine residency as well as practiced primary care in Seward, Alaska. In his free time he enjoys running, cross country skiing, snowboarding, playing soccer, hiking, and spending time with his wife and two boys.
• Medical School: University of Pikeville Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine, Pikeville, Kentucky
• Residency: Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor, Maine
• Board-Certified: Osteopathic Family Physician, Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine / Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
• Fellowship: Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine / Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine in Bangor, Maine
• Fellowship: Primary Care Sports Medicine - Metro Health in Wyoming, Michigan